Zoom Teeth Whitening San Jose, CA
Beautiful, bright, white teeth are a sign of good health and a youthful appearance. Many people have teeth stained from coffee, smoking, or other substances, making their smile appear dull or yellow. ZOOM!® teeth whitening is a professional whitening system administered by a dentist that brightens teeth several shades whiter.
Zoom teeth whitening is available at Blossom River Dental in San Jose and the surrounding area. Professional whitening treatment with a Zoom whitening dentist gives patients better results and a gorgeous smile. Patients with a big event coming up, such as a wedding, class reunion, or party, can wow their friends and family with a dazzling smile. Call us at (408) 217-0500 to find out more.
How Zoom Whitening Works
Zoom teeth whitening uses several powerful ingredients to reduce staining and brighten smiles. It comes in a gel formula, made with hydrogen peroxide. This formula is much more powerful and effective than over-the-counter products. The dentist will coat the teeth with this gel to start the whitening session. Then, the dentist uses a special light to activate the gel and remove staining on the teeth. The typical treatment session takes just over an hour and includes a five-minute fluoride treatment. With Zoom, patients will see whiter teeth after only a few visits.
“This formula is much more powerful and effective than over-the-counter products.”
Advantages of Zoom Over Home Teeth Whitening
Deciding between at-home whitening versus professional whitening depends on a variety of factors. Home whitening kits are popular today, but professional whitening is much more effective, fast, and safe for patients. The biggest reason patients prefer professional whitening like Zoom is because of the quick results. Whitening kits from the drugstore or supermarket may not be as impressive as the results from Zoom whitening. Patients who want whiter teeth faster and with more dramatic results should consider professional teeth whitening.
Patients prefer Zoom because it is gentle enough for sensitive teeth and has the added supervision of the dental provider during application. Choosing a Zoom whitening dentist also helps make sure the patient's teeth and gums do not experience enamel or sensitivity issues. According to a study from the Journal of Evidence Based Dental Practice, overaggressive tooth whitening at home may cause tooth sensitivity.
“Home whitening kits are popular today, but professional whitening is much more effective, fast, and safe for patients.”
How To Prepare for Teeth Whitening
Preparing for Zoom whitening is fairly simple and easy. Our team recommends that patients start with a recent dental exam and cleaning. Before coming into the office on the day of the procedure, patients should brush and floss. It may also be more comfortable to apply lip balm before the treatments so the lips do not get too dry during the whitening process. Other than that, there are no special things to do before treatment. Patients should be able to drive themselves to and from the procedure as no anesthesia is required.
“It may also be more comfortable to apply lip balm before the treatments so the lips do not get too dry during the whitening process.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Zoom Teeth Whitening in San Jose, CA
What To Expect During Treatment
Before starting the treatment process, Our team will help patients understand what happens at each appointment. At the beginning, we will greet patients and bring them back to the treatment area. Here are the steps in the Zoom whitening process.
- Setup: The dental provider will take pictures of the current shade of teeth and give information on what type of results to expect. Next, the dentist places cheek retractors into the mouth to pull back the lips and expose the teeth for the whitening treatment.
- Gel Application: The next part of the process involves the proprietary Zoom gel. The dentist coats the patient's teeth with the whitening gel and uses Zoom light to activate the gel. Return Treatment: For optimal results, patients should return for additional whitening treatments. Many patients complete about three treatments.
- Return Treatment: For optimal results, patients should return for additional whitening treatments. Many patients complete about three treatments.
- After Whitening: Patients may get a home touch-up whitening kit to help maintain the results. When using the home trays, coat the tray with whitening gel and wear on the teeth for about two hours. Patients should store the touch-up kit in a cool, dry place.
“For optimal results, patients should return for additional whitening treatments.”
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. How does Zoom Whitening work?
Q. Why choose Zoom whitening over whitening at home?
Q. What does a patient need to do to prepare for teeth whitening?
Q. What happens during treatment?
People Also Ask
Q. What are the benefits of teeth whitening at a dentist's office?
Q. What are the top reasons for bleaching teeth?
Q. Who should receive professional teeth whitening?
Q. What are some examples of purely cosmetic procedures?
Q. What are the different types of cosmetic dentistry treatments?
Frequently Asked Questions About Zoom Teeth Whitening
Q. Is Zoom teeth whitening right for me?
A. Patients who have healthy teeth and gums and commit to a solid oral health routine are good candidates for professional whitening. According to the American Dental Association, whitening does not work for patients with dental implants, crowns, or other restorations for the teeth. Whitening treatment is also not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Q. Does professional whitening hurt?
A. Zoom teeth whitening does not cause any pain or discomfort. The dentist coats the teeth with a gel, which is painless. The light to activate the product also does not cause discomfort. Patients with sensitive teeth should talk to their dentist about treatment.
Q. How much does a Zoom whitening dentist treatment cost?
A. Before the treatment, the dentist will go over the costs with the patient. Professional whitening costs vary, depending on each individual situation. After whitening, it is important to protect the investment to avoid staining the teeth.
Q. Is professional whitening permanent?
A. Zoom teeth whitening is not a permanent solution for white teeth. Patients may need to schedule repeat treatments depending on their eating habits. If patients avoid foods that stain the teeth, they may not need to return for another treatment until a year or two later.
Q. Is Zoom teeth whitening treatment safe?
A. Visiting a dentist to get professional whitening in the office helps patients protect their gums and teeth enamel. Patients with sensitivity or gum irritation would benefit from treatments under their dentist's supervision. If patients opt for an over-the-counter product, they run the risk of using too much, which could cause irritation.
Q. What can I do to maintain my results from professional whitening?
A. It is essential to keep up with excellent brushing and flossing habits after Zoom teeth whitening. The dentist may recommend a specific brand of toothpaste to help maintain results. It is also important to continue with regular dental check-ups.
Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
Call To Schedule an Appointment
Feel more confident and show off a beautiful, brand new smile. Zoom teeth whitening in San Jose helps patients look younger and more refreshed. Call our office today at 408-217-0500 if you want to learn more about professional whitening.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2023
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2023
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2023
About our business, license, and website security
- Blossom River Dental was established in 2016.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Santa Clara County
- We serve patients from the following cities: San Jose, Campbell, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Almaden, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Fremont, Saratoga, Morgan Hill, and Cupertino
- CA (License #59491). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1194038570). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Zoom Teeth Whitening
Ask A Dentist: When Should I Get Dentures?
Deciding that it might be time to start considering dentures isn’t always the most exciting conversation. However, it can be challenging for many people to determine if they are ready for dentures or if there is another option. First, it is crucial to recognize that most of us will have dentures at some point in…
Tips For Receding Gums Treatment Aftercare
The primary way receding gums are treated is through a gum graft. This procedure involves taking soft tissue from another area and placing it where the recession has occurred. This guide provides tips on how to recover after a gum graft for receding gum treatment.You can help ensure a smooth and fast recovery after receding…
The FAQs Of Receding Gums
Receding gums can be a sign that you have gum disease. It can also be a sign of poor brushing habits or using a toothbrush that is too hard. receding gums leave teeth roots exposed to acids made by oral bacteria, increasing their risk of decay.Teeth roots do not have an outer layer of enamel…
Are Older Adults More Likely To Get Receding Gums?
Receding gums are more likely to affect people over 30, but aging does not necessarily cause it. Gum recession is often a symptom of gum disease, an infection of gum tissues caused by the bacteria inside plaque and tartar. These microorganisms build these substances, which house them, and the acids that they make.People over the…
Explore additional topics covered on our website:
Call Us Today
Scan here to call Blossom River Dental on mobile